At-home rapid COVID tests are not as accurate as a PCR COVID test. Out of abundance of caution, the patient will need to provide a (-) PCR COVID test result in order to be seen in the clinic with these symptoms. Telemedicine visits are available if patient does not have a (-) PCR test result, or does not wish to get one.
Call our office at 206-257-7780 to set up a telemedicine appointment. We are available same day for appointments to screen you for testing.
Typical symptoms are mild, this might include a fever (over 100.4F, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath). They may also include sudden loss of smell or taste, headache and diarrhea. Many symptoms of other illness such as the common flu or seasonal allergies are shared with covid-19. We recommend that you schedule an appointment with a provider to help determine the best medical treatment for you.
There are many testing sites available for testing around Seattle. Please follow this link to see your choices for covid testing.
If you are unvaccinated and have had a high risk exposure, close contact with someone(within 6 feet for more than 10 minute) who has tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 2 weeks you should self isolate and monitory your symptoms.
Contact our office and one of our providers can do a video screen with you as well as give you further instructions on steps moving forward.
The CDC recommends the following.
Stay home except to get medical care. Most people with Covid-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. You will need to self-isolate for at least 10 days since your symptoms appeared. Stay in touch with your doctor about any changes to your health.
For a complete and up to date list of recommendations please visit the CDC website at this link.
The virus can live on surfaces for 3 hours to as much as 2-3 days on stainless steel and plastic.
Regular house cleaning supplies are able to eliminate Covid-19. Regular cleaning, as well as good hygiene, washing before you eat and avoiding touching your eyes nose and mouth can all reduce transmission of the virus.
Asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic individuals can shed this virus. However, the spread is through droplets in the air and is not airborne itself. Proper hygiene, social distancing, and masking are some of the ways that can help keep you and others safe.
- Give blood – Blood banks donations are down drastically, please contact your nearest blood bank to donate. You can schedule one at this link.
- Help a neighbor – check in on your neighbors especially those over 60, immunocompromised or with other conditions that may make it hard to get to a store.
- Video chat with friends and family – A good way to stay social and keep from gathering is to video chat.
- Stay calm, it can be hard during this time and keeping a level head will help you and your loved ones. Try to shop once a week during off peak hours if you can shop for yourself and someone else this reduces risk all around.
- people 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series,
- people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series,
- people aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks, and
- people aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
We do not offer COVID vaccine shots at our clinic.
Please visit Washington Department of Health link below to find appointments for COVID Booster shots.
Due to high demand, you may have to book 2-3 weeks in advance.